Below amounts are in Canadian dollars ($) and Cuba’s tourist currency (CUC) for a trip for two to Cuba in early April for seven days.
We stayed at Melia Las Antillas in Varadero, Cuba. We bought the package through selloffvacations.ca.
- Flight and all-inclusive resort package with Sunwing: $820 + taxes and fees ($1200 pp)
- Airport taxi from home to Toronto airport: $48 + tip ($24 pp)
With a $220 per person budget, we spent:
Day trip to Havana:
- Private tour from resort to Havana: 120 CUC (60 CUC each)
- About 30 CUC each on rum to bring home with us
- Lunch in Havana at El Tablao de Pancho: 25.83 CUC (12.91 CUC each)
- Drinks at Mirador de Bacunayagua: 5 CUC each
Varadero and Resort:
- A few CUC per day in tips (didn’t keep track of specific amount)
- Postcards: 1 CUC for each postcard (+70 CUC for postage stamps)
- Wi-fi access in resort lobby: 2 CUC for 1 hour (x3)
- Varadero Beach Tour: 5 CUC each
Note that the bus from and to the airport in Cuba is covered by the all-inclusive resort package.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nell is a designer based out of Toronto. She is active on social media and as a photographer documenting her interest in travel, nature, food, and culture.
Latest posts by TheBlackBeretAbroad (see all)
- Cobh & Dublin - September 3, 2022
- Ring of Kerry & Wild Atlantic Way - September 1, 2022
- Dublin to Limerick - August 29, 2022