- AirBnB apartment: $57.36 per person, per night ($344.18 total for 3 nights)
- Venice Tourist Tax: 24€ (4€ pp per night)
- Flight from London to Venice on British Airways: $43.72/pp each way
- Daylet at BLOC Hotel at Gatwick Airport during daytime layover: $68.02 ($34.02pp) – HOTEL CANCELLED OUR BOOKING with less than 24 hours notice for ‘planned maintenance’
- Daylet at YOTELAIR at Gatwick Airport during daytime layover: $177.86
Day 1: London to Venice
- Alilaguna Vaporetto – round trip ferry from airport to Venice: $84.19 for two people (€54.00)
Day 2: Full Day in Venice
- Pizza and beer at Aquila Nera Ristorante: $41.11 (€26.50)
- Groceries: $33.81 (€21.80)
- La Fenice self-guided tour and opera tickets for 2 people: $112 (€72)
- Fee to use public washroom: €1.50
Day 3: Ferry Day Around Venice
- Day pass for Venice public ferry system: €20 x 2 people = €40
- Gelato for 2 in Murano: $12.87 (€8.30)
Day 4: Venice to London
- Pint at Bricco Cafe at Marco Polo Airport: $9.75 (€6.30)
Feature Image: Map of Venetia (Venice) from 1641. Source: New York Public Library Digital Collections.
All other images on this page taken by the Black Beret Abroad, 2019.
The following two tabs change content below.
Nell is a designer based out of Toronto. She is active on social media and as a photographer documenting her interest in travel, nature, food, and culture.