Below is a list of things my partner and I want to experience in Paris and Bordeaux during our wintertime trip:
La Gate Lyrique: Digital arts gallery and music venue
Palais de Tokyo: Destination for immersive art installations
Centre Pompidou: Library and modern art gallery house in a structural expressionism building.
- Eiffel Tower: No trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to its version of the CN Tower.
- Montmartre: Highest hill in Paris. My partner woudl like to visit the church Sacré-Cœur on its summit, and I the steps Rue Foyatier which I’ve wanted to visit since looking at the photo of them my godmother had on the wall.
- Père Lachaise Cemetery: One of the most famous cemeteries in the world – and most ornate!
- Catacombs: An old quarry under Paris full with bones – lots and lots of bones.
- Palais Garnier: Home of the Paris Opera and setting for Phantom of the Opera – classic theatre!
Food and Wine Destinations
- Du Pain des Amis: bakery that specializes in bread for sharing
- Canadian Pub: Apparently this is a thing? I’d be curious to read the business case for this. Nonetheless, it is marked on our to do list.
Versailles: A palace designed to be so opulent that it was meant to distract and overwhelm the visitors.
Food and Drink Destinations
TBD (open to suggestions!)
- Palais Gallien: ruins of a Roman amphitheater from the 3rd century
- Palace de Bourse: A grand building built in the 1700’s.
- Rue Ste-Catherine: The classier version of the Montreal street by the same name. This one is a pedestrian street with cafes and shops
Saint Emilion: Medieval town and UNESCO site