In July 2015 I will be going to Germany for the wedding of Nicole, my childhood friend who I traveled through China with. The wedding will take place in Leipzig, a city in the northeastern part of Germany. I plan to visit Prague while there and Iceland on my way home to Canada.
- Holocaust Memorial: I’ve wanted to visit ever since learning about it in first year Art History class.
- Berlin Wall A piece of history
- Kulturpark/Spreepark: Abandoned amusement park.
- Bauhaus Archive: Exhibits on theories from Bauhaus
- Bauhaus: 45 minutes away is the Bauhaus building and houses
- Buchenwald Memorial: 1 1/2 away is the first and largest concentration camp in Germany.
Dresden (if I make it there)
- Zwinger Palace: landmark of Rococo architecture.
- Saxon Switzerland: National park with stunning rock formations and the Bastei Bridge.